Searching for appliance warranty insurance
Your search for appliance warranty insurance might prove a prudent and important step. The insurance may help to make sure that appliances you are unable to do without – or do without only with considerable inconvenience and hassle – continue to function.
If they break down, the insurance helps to make sure that they are seen to, repaired and up and running again as a matter of urgency.
If you are searching for that type of protection for your domestic appliances, you are likely to discover any number of suppliers. If your search leads you to us here at KAPUT, you have come to the right place for specialist service in the delivery of what we believe is reliable and cost-effective warranty insurance.
Key features of our warranty insurance policies
Your search for the appliance insurance that is right for you invariably involves the comparison of the key features on offer. With our products you gain:
- whatever the make or model of your appliance, and whether you bought it new or second hand, warranty insurance is available for you – provided the item is less than 8 years old;
- in the event of a mechanical or electrical break down of the appliance, you need simply call our 24-hour helpline and, from our network of approved and carefully vetted repairers, a qualified engineer will be sent to your home to make the necessary repairs;
- our network of repairers is so extensive that we guarantee to be able to send such an engineer to you home wherever that happens to be in the UK;
- there is no further charge for such a call-out, and nothing to pay for labour or replacement parts;
- quite unusually for any kind of general insurance, there is not even an excess to pay when you make a claim;
- you may include up to 10 appliances in the same bundle of insurance, up to a maximum total insurance value of £25,000;
- subject to the upper claim limit on any particular appliance, you may make an unlimited number of call-outs during the course of a year;
- after you have signed up for the warranty insurance cover, there is still a 14-day “cooling off” period, during which you may terminate the policy and receive a full refund of any premiums you have paid;
- after this period, you may cancel your warranty insurance cover at any time;
- the policy runs for a period of one year, after which you may choose to renew your cover;
- in the unlikely event of your being dissatisfied by or having a complaint about the way your warranty insurance was sold, the way a claim was handled or any other matter, you have recourse to an ascending level of sources, up to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- the sale of your warranty insurance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and you are further protected by the Financial Conduct Authority Compensation Scheme.
With such a wide range of services and protection for so many of your domestic appliances so readily available, your search for appliance warranty insurance may be over sooner than you think.
In a press release we issued earlier this year KAPUT warned that as many as 70% of consumers failed to appreciate the way in which warranty insurance works and that the age group most likely to have this gap in their knowledge are 45 to 54 year olds.