Kaput Limited [“Kaput” “we”, “us”, “our”] the Data Controller. Our registered address is Holton Business Park, Hadleigh Road, Holton St Mary, Colchester, CO7 6NN Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 09058922.
Any personal information you supply to Kaput will be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and such other legislation and regulation designed to protect your personal information and privacy.
Lawful basis for processing personal information
We may rely on the following purposes as the lawful basis for processing any information you submit;
- Consent – positive indication of your consent
- Contract – to enable us to fulfil our legal obligation to you
- Legal Obligation – determined by a regulator
- Legitimate Interest – annual renewal purposes
In most cases, we aim to rely on your Consent, until such a time your Consent may be considered expired.
By submitting your information for the purpose of a quote you consent to us processing your personal information to enable us to provide you with a service. Any information you submit must be accurate and up to date.
How we collect information
Personal information that Kaput or our suppliers collect directly from you or from third parties may include details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, bank/credit card details, and IP address.
Why we collect information
Information provided by you in our claims and contact forms, quotes and applications, or when you request material or further services;
If you contact us in writing or by telephone, we may keep a record of that communication;
Provided by you either online or offline when considering or purchasing our product;
From feedback forms and your visits to our website and the resources that you access including web analytics tags – your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number for internet connection) is automatically logged by our web server; and
From third parties and Data Contributors (see below).
We aim to ensure that information is kept up to date and accurate.
Please advise us of any changes in the information that you have provided to us as soon as possible.
What we may use the information for
The personal information Kaput collects will be used for analytical purposes, managing and administering products and services that we supply, claims handling, making credit-related decisions about you and to assist us in improving our website, processes, products and services, as follows:
- to assess your application or renewal for an insurance quote;
- to assess your financial standing;
- to confirm your identity;
- to prevent fraud and money laundering;
- to verify the information provided;
- to administer and maintain your policies;
- to assist you with claims and enquiries;
- to maintain your insurance records with the MID and other Insurance Databases;
- carry out market research, statistical analysis and customer profiling;
We are required to report details of some suspicious activities to the National Crime Agency (NCA);
and to facilitate our service quality and compliance monitoring.
We will also carry out checks with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies in order to verify your identity, assess your application for a quotation or credit and offer you our best terms.
Your rights in relation to your personal data the we process:
As the information we process about you belongs to you, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, the right to;
- Subject Access Request,
- have inaccuracies corrected,
- have information erased,
- prevent direct marketing,
- prevent automated decision-making and profiling, and
- data portability
Subject Access Request and Your Rights:
To request a Subject Access Request, or to call upon your rights in relation to how we are processing your personal data, please write to:
The Compliance Officer
Holton Business Park
Holton St Mary
In accordance with the current regulatory guidelines, all requests will be dealt with in a time period not exceeding 30 days. Following receipt of your request, we may need to contact you, using the information you disclose within your request to confirm your identity.
Whom may we share your data with
Kaput do not disclose your information to anyone except:
- when we have your permission; or
- when we are required or permitted to do so by law or by regulatory bodies; or
- to other companies who provide a service to us or you, including when you take out additional products with us or make a claim; or
- when it is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you; or
- for credit reference or fraud prevention purposes
- when we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement
Your information will only be disclosed to a third party where the third party has agreed to keep your information strictly confidential and use it only for the specific purpose for which we provide it to them. We may transfer your information to other countries including those located outside the European Economic Area. If we do this, we will seek to ensure that anyone to whom we pass it provides an adequate level of protection. We do not sell customer data to third parties; nor do we permit the selling of customer data by any companies or persons who provide a service to us.
Please note that we can retain any data that you provide on this website, even if you do not complete your quote. Such contact details and data may be used to assist us in improving our website and understanding of prospective customer’s needs. Such data will not be sold or shared with other parties.
Please note that during your visits to KAPUT’s websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to KAPUT. These may include Twitter, Facebook, Live Chat and Google. Kaput Limited does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information. Depending on your personal security settings, it is likely that your web browser will store a cookie on your device. For further information on cookies see www.whatarecookies.com
To assist customers to remember to renew their insurance cover we may send you a reminder and renewal invitation about 1 month before your renewal date. The renewal invitation will explain what you need to do to renew your insurance with us.
Third party links
IT and Security
Any personal data saved is held safely with security systems preventing unauthorised access and we always ensure it is treated confidentially. We take security very seriously and we use one of the strongest available security systems to protect your communications with us. Our whole site is automatically protected using something called a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) between your computer and ours. SSL works in the following ways:
- It prevents impersonation – you can tell that you are using a genuine SSL site by the padlock symbol at the bottom (or top depending on your browser) of the screen. Clicking on either the padlock in the URL bar or the company name will reveal our Registration Certificate that is issued by Comodo Secure.
- It encrypts data – as soon as your computer has recognised our servers they encrypt all information that is passed between them. Data encryption means that no one else can read or change your information as it travels over the Internet.
- It prevents scrambling – SSL uses a Message Authentication Code (MAC) to prevent anyone tampering with our Internet site. Your computer will always check this code before it takes a message from us. This means that if anyone tried to interfere with a message, your computer would not recognise the code and would alert you.
Our site goes one step further and has 2048-bit digital signatures and 256-bit encryption Extended Validation-SSLtechnology with Comodo Secure to ensure it is safe and secure. This is the highest assurance SSL Certificate available today, with 99.9% browser recognition.
Now the largest Trust provider in the world, and the most trusted site seal available according to a recent survey of 25,818 people (16/11/15) with 85.09% of people voting for the Comodo Site Seal. This is visible on the bottom right of every page on the KAPUT website for your reassurance.
An EV-SSL certificate offers the highest available levels of trust and authentication, ensuring that your connection to the KAPUT website is private. The Green Address Bar prominently displays our company name and provides highly visual assurance to you that our site is secure – immediately giving you the confidence to complete your transaction.
Contact and Complaints
To contact us about your rights or concerns please contact:
The Compliance Officer
Holton Business Park
Holton St Mary
Or email email@example.com
If you are unhappy with the way in which your contact to us has been handled, you can make further complaints to either of the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Or telephone 0800 023 4567