We're there for you when things go KAPUT - if your new or second hand appliances break down. With our Multi-Appliance Policy, we insure the essential appliances in your home from as little as £3.37 per item, per month*. Total peace of mind with NO excess charges, NO repair or replacement costs and NO call-out fees. All subject to our T&C's.
Who are we?
We are KAPUT – a UK based company providing Multi-Appliance Extended Warranty Insurance across the whole of the UK including the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland.
Where are we based?
Our Head Office is based on the Suffolk and Essex border and our Customer Service centre is just down the road in Ipswich. The main Claims Administrator's Centre is in Durham along with the Parts Distribution Centre and White Goods Refurbishment Centre.
The Audio & Visual Refurbishment Centres are in Huddersfield and the Engineer Support Centre is based centrally in Sheffield. The employed Engineers are located in the most densely populated areas across the UK.
For the more rural locations and Islands our White Goods Claims Administrator's have over 150 Authorised Service Partners allowing them to cover 100% of the UK.
What do we provide?
We believe we have designed a fair and comprehensive insurance product for over 70 different home appliances and audio/visual equipment, by addressing as many of the gripes about Extended Warranty Insurance we could come across.
We let you manage your account online, or you can speak to a real person in our UK Customer Service Team (and our Out Of Hours team will answer the line 24 hours a day - 365 days a year). Our Engineer Network is one of the largest independent service network in the UK, with the parts and skills to repair and replace your appliances. And we keep you in the loop at every stage – by text, online and good old fashioned phone calls.
In a nutshell – we provide peace of mind insurance to repair or replace your appliances if they go KAPUT!
Why are we different?
- There is absolutely no excess to pay on our policy
- We cover new and second hand items up to 8 years old
- Refreshingly we have no specific requirement for proof of purchase
- We don’t impose a total policy limit like most other warranty providers. Each appliance has its own cover limit - so one expensive claim won’t eat into your other item’s cover
- You will have 24/7 access to our online portal to manage your account
- Our Customer Service COntact Centre is UK based - and our out-of-hours team will answer the phone 24/7/365
- For the majority of the repairs you will receive a confirmation text of your engineer appointment, a link to an online tracking service with your engineer’s details, a picture of who’s turning up as ID and full detail on the progress of your claim.
- Your engineer will call you on the day of your appointment to update you on his arrival time.
- As an Insurance, rather than a Service Plan, you have the security of being covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme should the worst happen.
The legal stuff
KAPUT Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (No. 09058922) and whose registered office address is Holton Park, Hadleigh Road, Colchester, England, CO7 6NN. Kaput Ltd (FCA No. 700071) is an Appointed Representative of Commercial & General Ltd. Commercial & General Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 300001).
KAPUT Limited insurance policies are arranged through Commercial & General Ltd and UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Ltd. UK General Insurance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 564362). Ageas Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulatory Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority.