PRESS RELEASE: New product offers peace of mind when appliances go KAPUT
PRESS RELEASE: 6th January 2016
To view the full Press Release CLICK HERE
KAPUT - a new extended warranty insurance product - launches today, offering customers a unique way in which to insure new or second hand white and brown goods.
Customers can insure from one to ten household appliances or gadgets against electrical or mechanical breakdown from just 11p a day*. Appliances that can be covered range from large kitchen appliances (so an electric oven or a washing machine) to small household equipment (e.g. a rice cooker or floor steamer) and audio visual products (such as a CD player or TV) to other miscellaneous products (for example, an air conditioning unit or electric fire).
If an appliance goes KAPUT, customers call a 24-hour helpline (or contact KAPUT via Twitter, Facebook or Live Chat) to arrange for a fully certified, gas safe registered and CRB checked engineer to come out and inspect the appliance.
If it cannot be repaired, then KAPUT will pay up to 100% of the cost of replacement (similar warranty products only pay up to 30% of the replacement cost).**
Spokesman Jonathan Pooley from KAPUT says: “Our absolute aim when designing this policy was to be clear, transparent, fair and simple with our prices and give our customers peace of mind that if an appliance goes KAPUT, it will be repaired or replaced quickly and hassle free.
“This is all supported with a first class customer service plus a nationwide network of fully qualified engineers. We are very proud of our KAPUT product and believe it outperforms other similar products in the market in terms of cost, product benefits, and customer service”.
Jonathan adds that unlike some other extended warranty or service products, with KAPUT:
- there is a fixed cost per appliance, irrespective of the type, make, model, age of value of the product
- there are no excess, call out, labour or parts charges
- cover is available for both new and second hand items up to 8 years old (ideal if you have bought something from eBay, Gumtree etc. or from a friend, or you have moved in to a new home and inherited their appliances)
- there are no total policy limits - each appliance has its own cover limit - so one expensive claim won’t eat into your other items’ cover
- customers can access a 24 hour helpline, buy and manage their policy securely online, and contact us via the telephone, Facebook, Twitter, email or snail mail
- always aim to keep customers updated and in the loop - for around 93% of cases, customers will receive a confirmation text of their engineer appointment, a link to an online tracking service with their engineer’s details, a picture of who’s turning up as ID and full detail on the progress of the claim
- engineers’ have a market leading first time fix rate and the vans are fully loaded with all the most popular parts needed
- this is an Insurance policy, rather than a Service Plan. This means customers have the security of being covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme should the worst happen. They won’t receive this protection with a standard Service Plan agreement.
To find out more about KAPUT, visit www.kaput.co.uk
* Paying annually for a multi-appliance policy
** For appliances 0-4 years old we consider 100% of the original purchase price. 4-5 years is 90%, 5-6 years is 80%, 6-7 years is 60% and even 7-8 years old we’ve maintained at 50%. Compare this to a policy with a leading provider of Gas in the UK only pays out a maximum of 30% of the value of the appliance if it’s over 3 years old.
Jonathan Pooley, MD Kaput, telephone: 0800 999 7878 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are KAPUT – a UK based company providing Multi-Appliance Extended Warranty Insurance across the whole of the UK including the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland.
We believe we have designed and provide a superior insurance product for over 70 different home appliances and audio/visual equipment, by addressing as many of the gripes about Extended Warranty Insurance we could come across.
We let you manage your account online, or you can speak to a real person 24 hours a day. Our Engineer Network is one of the largest independent service network in the UK, with the parts and skills to repair and replace your appliances. And we keep you in the loop at every stage – by text, online and good old fashioned phone calls.
In a nutshell – we provide peace of mind insurance to repair or replace your appliances if they go KAPUT!
In a press release we issued earlier this year KAPUT warned that as many as 70% of consumers failed to appreciate the way in which warranty insurance works and that the age group most likely to have this gap in their knowledge are 45 to 54 year olds.