Policy Terms & Conditions
Thank You for choosing Kaput Limited to supply Your extended warranty, We hope that Your Appliance will be trouble free, however should it fail please follow the claims procedure detailed in Your policy.
Contract of Insurance
Your Multi Appliance Warranty Insurance is arranged by: Kaput Limited with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Registered in England and Wales No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA
Kaput Limited (FRN 700071) is an appointed representative of Commercial and General Limited. Commercial and General Limited (FRN 300001) and UK General Insurance Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 564362).
Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. All of this information can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
Your premium can be paid as a monthly premium or a single one off annual premium or in monthly instalments by Direct Debit under a premium finance agreement. Whether You have selected to pay Your premium as a single payment or monthly Your policy will expire in accordance with the Termination section of Your policy below. If the monthly payment option has been chosen and any instalment is not paid Your policy will end 30 days after the instalment was due.
In consideration of You having completed the Proposal and the required premium being paid to the Administrator (please note this policy is not valid until such premiums have been received), We agree to indemnify You up to the maximum claim limit detailed herein, subject always to the definitions, conditions, exclusions and periods contained herein.
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this policy and will appear with a capital letter and in bold.
Administrator – Kaput Limited whose registered address is Holton Park, Hadleigh Road, Holton St Mary, Colchester, CO7 6NN. Company Registered Number 09058922.
Appliance(s) / Product(s) – As detailed on Your Schedule, cover only extends to those items detailed on Your Schedule.
Betterment - The provision for the depreciation of the Appliance/ Product over time. Betterment will be applied based on the age of the Appliance (s) / Product (s) in accordance with the following scale:
Between 0-4 years old Nil
Between 4-5 years old 10%
Between 5-6 years old 20%
Between 6-7 years old 40%
Between 7-8 years old 50%
Call out - The attendance of an engineer to Your Home during normal working hours (8am–5pm Monday to Friday).
Claims Administrator – Kaput claims for satellite TV units are handled by Castelan Limited whose registered address is Alpha House, Sunnyside Road North, Weston-Super-Mare BS23 3QY. Kaput claims in respect of any other Appliance / Product are handled by Pacifica Group whose registered address is Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, DH3 3SY.
Consequential loss - Any other costs which are directly or indirectly caused by the event which led to Your claim unless specifically stated in this policy. e.g. cost associated to a third party satellite or finance provider due to the failure of the Appliance / Product.
Home - The property situated in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, detailed on Your Proposal.
Insured / You / Your - The person named on the policy Schedule.
Insurers / We / Our / Us - UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited.
Period of Cover - The policy commences on the start date as shown on Your policy Schedule or on expiry of the manufacturer’s/extended warranty period and expires on the end date shown on Your policy Schedule.
Proposal - The application form and any other information provided by the Insured or on his/her behalf.
Resident Family - those members of Your family who live with you on a permanent basis at Your Home.
Schedule - Contains details of You and the Appliance (s) / Product (s) the subject of this insurance.
The insurance provided hereunder will automatically terminate in respect of a covered Appliance / Product on the occurrence of one of the following:
• The natural expiry date of the policy as detailed on the policy Schedule
• The date the Appliance(s) / Product(s) is declared beyond economical repair or a financial settlement is made
• The date on which You do not pay the premium when it is due, or You cancel any payment previously made or fail to maintain Your payments under the monthly payment option
• The date on which the You shall sell or otherwise dispose of the said Appliance(s) / Product(s).
• The date on which the said Appliance(s) / Product(s) exceed(s) 8 years of age.
What is Covered
Your warranty provides cover against Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown of the Appliance(s) / Product(s) identified on Your policy Schedule. Cover includes parts, labour and Call out charges (inc VAT) during normal working hours (8am – 5pm Monday to Friday) subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of Your policy.
What is not Covered
The following are specifically excluded from the cover provided by Your extended warranty:
• Call out charges where a fault cannot be found with the Appliance(s) / Product(s);
• Accidental damage;
• Any claim where cover is provided under an existing manufacturer warranty;
• Use of the Appliance(s) / Product(s) by anyone other than You or Your Resident Family;
• Failure to comply with the manufacturers instructions for the care of the Appliance(s) / Product(s);
• Use in a commercial environment;
• Appliance(s) / Product(s) that do not meet the current electrical regulations in force at the time;
• Costs not authorised by the Claims Administrator or its appointed engineers;
• Faults relating to the installation of the Appliance(s) / Product(s);
• Deliberate damage or neglect of the Appliance(s) / Product(s);
• Repairs to cosmetic parts or non Mechanical Electrical components;
• Damage caused by foreign objects or substances;
• Faults known to You before commencement of cover under Your policy;
• Work, which relates to a manufacturer recall;
• Cosmetic damage such as damage to exterior finish, food spoilage, dents or scratches to the Appliance(s) / Product(s;
• Routine maintenance of the Appliance(s) / Product(s), supplies or service in Your Home;
• Materials or labour charges covered by manufacturers or suppliers or installer’s guarantee or warranty;
• Claims arising from the interruption, failure or disconnection of public services to Your Home (including water, electricity or gas supply) however caused or from gas leaks;
• Claims arising as a result of normal wear and tear (e.g. belts, fuses, seals, handles, runners, screen burn etc.);
• Consequential loss of any type;
• The VAT element of any claim where the Insured is VAT registered;
• Damage to oven linings, glass doors, control knobs or fridge / freezer interior linings or door seals;
• Loss of frozen food;
• Any claim within the first 28 days of purchasing the policy;
• Any Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown for an Appliance / Product which is more than 8 years old.
(Subject to the provision of Betterment) Your policy provides cover up to the original purchase price of the Appliance(s) / Product(s) on each claim and in aggregate during the Period of Cover provided.
Your policy provides unlimited Call outs per Appliance / Product identified on Your policy Schedule up to the claim limit during the Period of Cover provided.
There will be no excess deductible for any claim under Your policy, unless subject to the provisions of Betterment.
It is vital to obtain cover under Your extended warranty in the event of a claim that You contact the Claims Administrator by telephone. For claims in respect of TV Satellite units, contact 0800 999 7878, option 4, for KAPUT Satellite Claims Line. For claims in respect of any other Appliance / Product, contact 0800 999 7878, option 5, for KAPUT Home Appliance Claims Line.
Please provide the Claims Administrator with as much information about what has happened as possible, so they can give advice and arrange for an engineer to contact You.
Please have Your policy number and details of the Appliance(s) / Product(s) ready when You call. UK General Insurance Ltd are an insurers agent and in the matters of a claim act on behalf of the Insurer.
Claims are only valid where authority has been issued by the Claims Administrator or their appointed engineer.
1) The Claims Administrator will make reasonable attempts to obtain a suitable tradesman, provided that provision of service is not precluded by:
a) adverse weather conditions
b) industrial disputes (official or not)
c) failure of the public transport system (including the road network) and repair thereto
d) other circumstances preventing access to Your Home or otherwise making provision of cover impractical.
2) We shall be entitled to:
a) decline cover if, in Our opinion, Your Home or services have not been maintained in a safe or serviceable condition;
b) decide on the most appropriate means of providing cover, although We will take Your wishes into account whenever possible;
c) settle any claim on a proportionate basis if You have any other insurance covering the same loss or damage.
3) You are required by the provisions of the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act to take care to:
a) supply accurate and complete answers to all the questions We or the Administrator may ask as part of Your application for cover under the policy;
b) to make sure that all information supplied as part of Your application for cover is true and correct;
c) tell Us of any changes to the answers You have given as soon as possible.
Failure to provide answers in-line with the requirement of the Act may mean that Your policy is invalid and that it does not operate in the event of a claim.
4) You will be responsible for the engineers Call out charges if having requested assistance You are not at Home when they arrive.
5) If the cost of Your claim exceeds the cover provided by this policy, You will be required to pay any additional costs direct to the engineer at the time they attend.
6) We will arrange to supply and fit replacement parts or components where required and covered under Your policy. If You request any additional work or replacement parts or components of a superior specification are fitted, You will be responsible for the additional cost. We are not responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage caused by delay in the supply of spare parts or components by manufacturers or their suppliers or agents.
7) In the event that the parts for a Product are no longer available, or the Product is beyond economic repair, We will base Our settlement on the replacement cost of a product of similar specification and functionality at the time of the breakdown. Depreciation for Betterment will normally be applied in line with the policy.
8) If You or anyone else claiming under this policy makes a claim that is false or dishonest in any way, Your policy will not be valid. You will lose all benefits under this policy and We will not refund Your premium.
9) No refund of premium will be considered if a claim has been made under Your policy.
10) If You move address then You must inform the Administrator in writing or by phone.
If You decide that for any reason, this policy does not meet Your insurance needs then please return it to the Administrator within 14 days of issue. On the condition that no claims have been made or are pending, We will then refund Your premium in full. After 14 days You may cancel the insurance cover at any time by informing the Administrator. If You pay premiums:
1. Annually in advance, We will cancel the policy at the end of the month in which You notify Us. We will then provide a refund of any money You have paid for the unexpired period showing on the insurance, unless We have carried out work. However, such refund may be subject to £25 administration charge from the Administrator; or
2. Monthly installments by Direct Debit, We will continue to provide cover until the end of the period from which Your last payment applies, We will then cancel the policy and take no further payments, unless We have carried out work. If there is any refund of premium due this will be subject to a £25 administration charge.
If You have had work done, then You will be subject to pay the full 12 month premium. The Insurer shall not be bound to accept renewal of any Insurance and may at any time cancel any insurance document by sending 14 days notice to the Insured at their last known address. Provided the premium has been paid in full the Insured shall be entitled to a proportionate rebate of premium in respect of the unexpired period showing on the insurance.
Unless some other law is agreed in writing, this policy is governed by English law. If there is a dispute, it will only be dealt with in the courts of England or of the country within the United Kingdom in which Your main residence is situated.
It is the intention to give You the best possible service but if You do have any questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim You should follow the complaints procedure below:
Sale of the Policy
For complaints regarding the sale of Your policy, please contact the Administrator who arranged the Insurance on Your behalf:
Holton St Mary,
Colchester CO7 6NN
Tel: 0800 999 7878 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For complaints regarding a satellite TV unit claim please contact the Claims Administrator:
Sunnyside Road North
Tel: 0370 320 1509 | Email: email@example.com
For complaints regarding a claim for any other Appliance / Product, please contact the Claims Administrator:
Co Durham DH3 3SY
Tel: 0333 043 6671 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In all correspondence please state that Your insurance is provided by UK General Insurance Ltd and quote scheme reference 06061. In all cases, if Your complaint cannot be resolved by the end of the next working day, it will be passed to:
Customer Relations Department
UK General Insurance Ltd
Old Mill Business Park
Gibraltar Island Road,
Leeds LS10 1RJ
Tel: 0345 218 2685 | Email: email@example.com
If it is not possible to reach an agreement, You have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This also applies if You are insured in a business capacity but have a group annual turnover of less than €2million and fewer than ten staff. You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service,
Harbour Exchange Square,
London, E14 9SR.
Tel: 0300 123 9 123
The above complaints procedure is in addition to Your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about Your statutory rights contact Your local authority Trading Standards Service or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Ageas Insurance Limited is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme, if they cannot meet their obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Most insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit.
You can get more information about compensation scheme arrangements from the FSCS or visit www.fscs.org.uk.
Data Protection Act 1998
Please note that any information provided to Us will be processed by Us and Our agents in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to third parties. We may also send the information in confidence for process to other companies acting on their instructions including those located outside the European Economic Area.